Monday, January 7, 2008

She Did It!!

Yes! My mom did it! My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer just this past summer. This experience was hard to take on for everyone in our family. It was difficult for me to talk about it, I mean really talk about it. My sister and I had each other for support and at first we would phone each other and not talk at all . . . just cry. We have a close relationship and this brought us even closer. I also have a really great husband who knows how to keep me going. When times were really difficult we turned to the boys who bring such great light to our world.

She has had surgery and chemotherapy within the last 6 months and survived. Not only survived, but kicked it! She is a strong, determined, woman who persevered through the tough times (some very tough times). There were days when she was in so much pain and agony and so very tired, beyond tired, but she kept going. My dad stood with her through every step of the way; through the long nights, through home remedies, through prayer. They say, 'if you can get through cancer together, you can get through anything together'. Our whole family (we have a huge family) and many friends were there for her in different ways; with food, visits, gifts, daily phone calls, care packages, and prayer. I Thank god for many things in my life, but mostly for giving my mom the strength to get through this. My mom is caring, strong-willed, supportive, wise, and a provider of a loving, comfortable and safe home for her family. I love you mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog in respect to your mother and her winning her own personal war. Congratulations to her and your family (I can vouch that there is alot of strong support there). That is the one thing I remember about your family Roberta, there has always been alot of love, support and strong togetherness from all the members of your family, great role models! You are always in my thoughts and I feel the same friendship with you that we shared when we first met. Take care and Happy New Year! Love Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey wow you really want people to cry hey. I am going to let mom read this and so she can cry some more. She said it was rough leaving home, I am happy that i left earlier. Uugh!

Ya mom, is a very strong person. She sort of reminds me of myself. Ya right...i am so weak compared to her. I don't know how she does it, she is like a superhero, always keeping people safe, being strong.

You should have come down here. Mom and dad are so generous and I have no problems with taking there gifts and money. Benefits of being the driver, banker, etc. Miss yuo guys already.

Anonymous said...

hi, great blog!!