Friday, January 18, 2008

Kade The Football Player


Kade and his brother were playing football in the house. I know I've told them thousands of times not to play rough games, but they are both boys' boys, and this time Kade broke his arm (last time Kade got a black eye). It didn't seem that bad at first because he wanted to keep playing games and he favoured it a little. I took him to the hospital around 3:30 and they took x-rays at 5:00, which Kade was surprisingly cooperative, thanks to the x-ray lady. The doctor looked at the x-rays and said, in a matter of fact way, that Kade has a crack in his arm between the wrist and the elbow and he will need a cast right away. I didn't know what to do, they didn't even give me a chance to cry, and they started to prepare his tiny little arm. I called Real right away and told him and he didn't believe me at first until he probably sensed that I was about to cry and he was on his way from work. Kade was great and it happened so fast, well that part went fast. They asked him what colour he wanted and before I knew it, Kade had a blue little cast on his arm. We were in the car by the time Real got to the hospital and Kade seemed so brave showing his daddy his blue cast. Kade has to go see the doctor in two weeks and take his cast off in three weeks or so. I am not sure he understands how long this is, because when he asked when he can take it off, I told him just ten sleeps. He started to do that quiet, pitiful, lose your breath cry and said "I don't want to keep it on for ten sweeps". We will be busy helping him along to get through the next few weeks, maybe with a little bribery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww troy sort of chuckled when I showed him the picture of Kade, actually his words exactly were, thatta boy! Arrgh! That is a perfect picture that illistrates his personality. I think that this picture will sum it all up, while we are sitting at his high school graduation dinner...thinking to ourselves, thank God, its over. While his scholarly brother sits with his high school sweetheart, prepping his speach. LOL. Too cute, put that picture beside one of kolbys pictures at the same age...sitting quietly with his walkman, playing his game.What a difference. HAVE FUN!

Julie Overby said...

Hi! I think your blog looks great! I know what you mean about the banner across the top. Seriously, if I knew how to do it I would have SOOOOOO changed mine by now! LOL! My dh helped me the first time. I know that you have to format the photo in photoshop to have the right dimensions. That' as much as I could tell ya. I'm hoping to change mine soon. As far as the music video if you go to musicjesus.com and pick one out. Then you just copy and paste it into your....somethin or other! LOL! If you can't figure out where to paste it let me know. I'll research mine. Hope this helps! Welcome to the the bloggin world! ps. where did you find me?